1. Able to read, write, speak and understand English;
2. Present a clean and neat appearance when confronting employees and the public; and
3. Meet the physical demand for the position.
JOB GOAL: To provide employees and citizens of Monroe County with a safe, attractive,
comfortable, clean, and efficient place in which to work and do business.
1. Keep all buildings and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas neat and clean at all times
2. Regulate heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide temperatures appropriate to the season and to ensure economical usage of fuel, water, electricity
3. Unlock and lock doors at the before and after business hours
4. Shovel and plow, and maintain steps, walks, driveways, and parking areas as needed
5. Perform such minor building repairs as he/she is capable of
6. Report major repairs that are needed promptly
7. Keep all floors in a clean and attractive condition
8. Move furniture within buildings as required
9. Keep the grounds free from rubbish
10. Keep all floors in a clean and attractive condition
11. Wash all windows, both interior, and exterior
12. Clean restrooms, offices, hallways and other areas of the building
13. Conduct an ongoing program of general maintenance, upkeep, and repair
14. Keep an inventory of supplies, equipment, and fuel on hand, and requisitions needed replacements
15. Comply with local laws and procedures for the storage and disposal of trash, rubbish, and waste
16. Know and follow all safety rules and proper procedures associated with the responsibilities of the job
17. Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
This job may require lifting of objects that exceed 50 lbs., with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Other possible physical demands are as follows:
1. Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling
2. Climbing and/or balancing
3. Stooping, kneeling and/or crawling
The required vocational preparation may come from the following:
1. Vocational Education
2. Apprentice Training
3. On-The-Job Training
4. Essential Experience
TEMPERAMENT (Personal Traits)
1. Adaptability in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
2. Adaptability in accepting responsibility for the direction, control or planning of an activity.
3. Adaptability in dealing with people.
4. Adaptability in making generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria.
CAPACITY AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Specific capacities and abilities may be required of an individual in order to learn or perform adequately a task or job duty.
1. Intelligence: The ability to understand instructions and underlying principals. Ability to reason and make judgments.
2. Manual Dexterity: Ability to move the hands easily and skillfully.
3. Eye-Hand-Foot Coordination: Ability to move the hand and foot coordinately in response to visual stimuli
Some degree of physical discomfort due to exposure to dust, noise, temperature and weather conditions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so assigned.